Imbruvica 140 Mg is an inhibitor of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase (BTK). It is a white to off-white solid with the empirical formula C25H24N6O2 and a molecular weight 440.50. Ibrutinib is freely soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide, soluble in methanol and practically insoluble in water.
IMBRUVICA (ibrutinib) is available as immediate-release oral capsules and immediate-release oral tablets.
IMBRUVICA (ibrutinib) capsules for oral administration are available in the following dosage strengths: 70 mg and 140 mg. Each capsule contains ibrutinib (active ingredient) and the following inactive ingredients: croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate. The capsule shell contains gelatin, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide (70 mg capsule only), and black ink.
What are the possible side effects of Imbruvica?
Imbruvica may cause serious side effects, including:
Bleeding problems (hemorrhage) are common during treatment with Imbruvica, and can also be serious and may lead to death. Your risk of bleeding may increase if you are also taking a blood thinner medicine. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any signs of bleeding, including:
- blood in your stools or black stools (looks like tar)
- pink or brown urine
- unexpected bleeding, or bleeding that is severe or that you cannot control
- vomit blood or vomit looks like coffee grounds
- cough up blood or blood clots
- increased bruising
- change in your speech
- headache that lasts a long time or severe headache
Uses of Imbruvica Capsule
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma
- Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia
- Marginal Zone Lymphoma
- Chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD)
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
How it works
This medicine works by inhibiting the actions of certain abnormal proteins that cause the cancer cells to multiply. This helps in stopping the growth and spread of cancer.